Halfway!!

I finished the knitting for the second (of four) large squares last evening:


I also cast on for the third large square!

A few observations:

- I'm super glad that I changed my mind about making this for the Nephew's wedding!  I don't know how I could have worked on it any more than I already have, and the wedding was nearly a month ago already!

- Even though this is taking forever, and is a sea of garter stitch, I'm not yet bored with it.  There are enough color changes and things going on that it has held my interest.  Also, each square is started on the sides, at the longest row; with the decreases along the diagonal, each successive row is smaller, so progress seems to increase as well!

- I read from some others on Ravelry that they ran out of yarn in this kit.  Based on what I am seeing, it's possible that might happen here as well.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting something close to gauge, but maybe that's why these kits are always on sale.  Fortunately, Knit Picks still has Brava Sport in these colors, so I can get more as needed.  Annoying, but always a possibility.  I'll keep going for now and see how this starts to play out!

We're starting to get the holiday decorations out, which will really help to add some light and cheer to these long evenings.  Later today, we're going to attempt to put some lights on a small tree outside.  We're already joking about it freaking out the deer and giving the varmints something else to chew on!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Just one more square before...
Yes, I can see how that project has great addiction potential. It looks awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows