17/25

We're back from visiting my family over the T-giving holiday where, in spite of my bringing a bag full of other projects (it was a bummer that we left early because of the weather and didn't get a chance to visit Neuro - waaaah!!!), I spent all my knitting time working on the Cousin Wedding Afghan.  I'm now 17/25 through the second of four sections (or 42% of the total squares):


I didn't work on the Cold As mittens while we were away, but I did spend some time with them yesterday, and made a couple of changes.  After grafting the tip on the right hand mitt, I decided I didn't like how pointy it was - so I ripped back several rows, just to the top of the charted design, and will graft it from there.  I also made the thumb, and same thing - too pointy, needs grafting.  Pics to follow when they're complete - hopefully later this week!

Other projects in the immediate queue - November Hat (just finishing), baby mitts (ongoing), and felted slippers for me (not yet started).

It also seems that the Nephew Wedding Afghan caused quite a stir with my family - both my SIL and mom were dropping hints about more afghans from me.  I'm not going to displace Girasole, or probably even Viola, but I'm going to be giving some serious thought as to how I might machine knit my way through a bunch of stash yarns.  I saw a couple of ideas about how to "cable" strips of stockinette together, which is probably about all I'd want to do with my very basic Bond Ultimate Sweater Machine.  Maybe with some strips of hand-knit cables inbetween.  More to come!

I don't have any wildlife sightings to report, but there are a few tracks in the snow this morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows