CWA Hiatus #1

I've gone as far as I can on the fourth large square for the CWA:


It's a cool construction, as each small square is created by picking up and knitting stitches at the edges of the previous squares.  But now I'm stuck.  I ran out of green, which means that the square that needs to be in the upper left corner has to wait until I get the order from KnitPicks - which will also contain the cream I need for the square next to it (at the top).  I'll be able to get these two squares done at that time, but then will need to have a second hiatus whilst I wait for Sky to be available - which I need for the beginning of the third column and which starts at the lower right!  Good thing the wedding isn't until June!

I did manage to accomplish most of what else I'd set out to do yesterday - casting on for December Hat, and balling up (half of) the yarn for a cowl.  I'm going to make Ten and Counting - I've got 880 yards of alpaca/silk laceweight yarn (KnitPicks Shimmer, in Flower Garden) that I'll work doubled; the colorway is bright and variegated, which should suit this pattern nicely.  I'm hoping to cast on for it today, which means I need to get the second skein into a ball at some point!

I also need to make a list so I can organize and prioritize the queue - especially given the upcoming cowl projects in 2020!!  (We're working on a name for our theme - but we still have a few days left for that!)

In wildlife news - I happened to look out at the goat pasture yesterday morning and saw Mr. Goatherder walking his fenceline - with the goats following along behind him!  This tells me at least two things: that his goats really like him (or perhaps that he had food in his pockets?), and that they are not small goats - they came up to about his waist!  He's not a large man, but still.  This little adventure seemed to jazz the goats right up, as they were quite active for a bit afterwards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows