Now for the Hard Part!

This week I absolutely cruised through the knitting for the slippers I'm making for me:


This was the fun part, especially since I've made this pattern so many times and therefore have a good awareness of how the whole thing comes together.  The less fun part - although no less critical - is all the sewing, working in of ends and such, and of course the felting.  The weather isn't getting any warmer, so I'll want to have these finished sooner rather than later.  More to come!

(I also have a bunch of yarn left over, since I'd bought enough to use it doubled - I'm thinking hat?)

Most of you probably already know by now that, earlier this week, I published my first pattern on Ravelry: 

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/unplanned-extubation-prevention-mitts

This is the pattern for those little mitts I'm always making; I'd written it out for the NICU staff so they could hand it out as they wanted, and Neuro had tested it at that time.  Definitely a team effort!!

I may be compelled to start providing some project notes and photos on Ravelry, as much as I resist most of social media in general.  I'm finding that the notes that others provide have been increasingly  helpful as I contemplate making a specific pattern.  I'm not a big pattern fidgeter, but it's possible that some of my mods might be helpful to others!

I continue to work on Shifting Hues (aka The Cousin Wedding Afghan), and am also eyeing some crochet patterns as options for adult afghans to make in the coming months.  It never hurts to mix up the knitting with other stuff!

In other news - yesterday I saw either the foxie or Orange Cat trotting down the driveway and into the tall grasses, which evidently drove one of the neighbor dogs crazy.  The goaties have been out in their regular pasture this week.  And there are still ladybugs everywhere!  At least they're cheerful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows