November Hat

Done!!!


I'm enthusiastic about selecting the yarn for December Hat, but will need to wait until the pattern is out next week before doing so!  These hats have all been (mostly) fun and lovely, but only a few have spoken to me as clearly unisex; I'm hoping that December will lend a hand with that; otherwise, I may need to go rogue and make some more hats for boys!

Speaking of which - I think I need to start making some mitts in the coming year.  Perhaps a self-imposed mitt-of-the-month club, so to speak?  I find 12 mitt patterns (different ones!), match them up with stash yarns, and pick one out randomly each month to make.  As with the hats this year, before too long there will be a nice pile of gifts just waiting for their recipients!  Any suggestions for patterns?  One will definitely be from the Woodland Winter Mitts kit I mentioned recently.

I also think I need to start eyeing Paris's Brioche once again.  The actress who played Paris (in Gilmore Girls) is now in the third season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (out on Amazon Prime!); she plays a musician in the band.  I didn't recognize her, but she was so familiar to me - of course, after a quick google there she was!  Then I was reminded of the scarf, which is a version of an item that Paris wore; that one was stranded, and I recall reading somewhere that it actually started as a sweater, which makes more sense.  I'm pretty sure I got some very nice yarn to make it with, so I might just pull that out and stare at it for a while!

Of course, there's no forgetting about the semi-current WIPs, including the Shetland lace, two pairs of socks, slippers for me, Cousin Wedding Afghan, Girasole, and Luckdragon - to name a few!

Regarding life in the country - I don't have any pics for this, but the morning after we put the lights on the little tree next to our house, there were two sets of animal prints in the snow leading up to the tree (and all our prints in the snow around it!).  No idea if they were deer, fox, raccoon, cat, or whatever - but imagine what they must have been thinking:

"What have our humans done now?"

"Lights!!  Now I can see where I'm going!!"

"What the heck is that smell??"

"Sigh.  This used to be such a quiet neighborhood."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows