Warmup Cowl

Neuro and I have settled on our theme for 2020, but it feels a little premature to announce it just yet.  Suffice it to say that I've started my first project, let's call it a warm-up for what's to come:


This is the Ten and Counting cowl pattern that I'd mentioned previously, along with KnitPicks Shimmer, doubled.  It's an easily-memorized, 8-row repeat following the 2x2 ribbing, and with all of the stitch markers in place there's no counting.  I'm already into the second pattern repeat, and it continues to be a pleasure to knit.

I had lunch yesterday with a friend; I gave her April Hat, which she loves.  She is definitely a hat person, and later sent me a text saying "This looks super cute on me!"  That is the best feedback I could imagine!  She'd brought me a bottle of wine (in a lovely wine bag that I immediately recast as a knitting project bag!); a hat for wine - the best exchange ever!  It's a lovely Pinot Grigio - which is always awesome when super chilled and served with something pasta.  Now that I know she's a hat person, I'll keep her in mind for future hat projects!

Speaking of future projects - I started that list I'd been thinking about, and already just off the top of my head it's got 13 things on it - this is most of the current queue, really.  Well, it's a start!  I have a few more things to add, and will have some pics to post as well in the coming days.

Speaking of which - my KnitPicks order has shipped and is scheduled to arrive on January 5th (I know - a Sunday?).  This is already one day sooner than the first estimate, so it's possible I'll have it within the week!  I'll be stalking the availability of Sky and Black in the meantime.

Not much to report from the wildlife perspective today, except that the goaties are in the pig pasture again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows