Magic Formula?

Sure Happy It's Thursday!  I hope this finds you well and safe; we're good here.

Also, it's October again!  Time to sing along with U2.

There's no magic formula about the yoga socks, but here's what I do:

- Cast on a multiple of 4; often times it's 64 or 68

- K1P1 for as long as you like (most times, about an inch or so)

- Change to K2P2 until 6-7" in length (in total, again as long as you like)

- Bind off 1/2 of the number of stitches you have in pattern; in this case, I have a total of 64, so bind off 32

-  Cable cast on 32

- K2P2 around, making sure you've got 64 in total again.  It's OK to pick up a couple of extra stitches to close any gaps, you can always K2tog on the next round to get rid of them (nothing to see here, I do this for "normal" socks all the time!)

- Continue for another 3.5" or so (as long as you want!)

- Change to K1P1 for another inch or so; bind off in pattern.

Voila!

Here's what the first one looks like in the meantime:


Speaking of singing along - I made up a song for these socks.  Sing to the tune of Rocket Man by Elton John:

And I think it's gonna be a yoga sock,
I don't know why I even have this yarn.
It's not the yarn I even thought I had, oh no, no, no.
Yoga sock. Doesn't have a heel or a toe.
And I think it's gonna be a yoga sock.

In other news, Oogyhubby met up with the Goatherder last night by chance as they were each walking their respective perimeters.  It seems that Oreo (my name for her) met with some neurological issues and is no longer with us. Sigh.  It's just Nilly now (again, my name for her).  She is a resplendent white against the fall colors.  I expect she'll blend in with the snow when the time comes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons