Weekend!!

A very happy Sunday to you!  I hope this finds you well; we're good here.

The day is still young, but it's already been a great weekend!  Due to their bad luck with travel scheduling, we had the benefit of a bonus visit from the Ws last evening!  We all had a blast, especially Benson, who may have wanted to keep Mr. W as his play friend.  At one point they were playing a combination of fetch and hide-and-seek, and Benson nose-booped Mr. W when he found him in the kitchen!

And - I've got some finishing work going on, starting with the first pair of yoga socks:

The second sock is drying on the sock blocker, so I'm calling these done!  The color patterns worked out to be very close to each other, which was a nice bonus!

Not to spend too much time celebrating, I immediately cast on for the second pair - it's a completely different yarn/color, but the pattern is the same.  I'll post a pic once I've made some more progress.

Neuro suggested that we have a finishing party, but I had a small one of my own Friday night when I wove in the ends for the Casapinka KAL Cowl!  It's going for a swim at the moment, but a pic will be coming very soon!

I also have a couple of things done or nearly done that need to be kept secret for the time being.  I'll try to remember to take pics so I can post them once the secrets are out!

I'm also winding the yarn for my dad's Xmas slippers.  I'm going with the yarn originally used in the pattern, Cascade 220.  It's used doubled, but you only need three skeins in total.

In other news - the deer continue to appear nearby, probably because of the rifle shots I hear in the distance - perhaps they know that close to houses is usually safer this time of year?  We often see them in our yard or field when walking Benson late in the evening or in the early morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons