A Grand Weekend Out

Well, for my parents anyway!  A couple of weeks ago we made plans for them to travel here for a long weekend visit.  Little did we know that it would be miserably hot and humid the whole time, so we pretty much stayed inside and entertained ourselves.


I did contribute some to this puzzle, but most of the time I hung out at the table and did a whole pile of finishing work on yarn projects.  I have so much done that I have enough to show you over the coming days!

When I wasn't making preparations for their visit, I had several deadlines I needed to make.  It was nice to have the long weekend "off", even if I did a whole lot of meal prep (and eating!!).

I see that the Kelbourne Woolens people, who skipped the month of May entirely (maybe because of their KAL?) have released a washcloth/dishcloth pattern for June Gift.  I'm not a huge fan of knitting with cotton, and I don't really enjoy using these cloths, but it seems we are in need of some wee felted coasters here, so perhaps I'll get creative with those for the June theme?  Neuro - what do you think?

Speaking of felting - my dad has already worn holes in the slippers I made for him last year at about this time.  That's good - it means he's wearing them!  And he brought them to be repaired.  Well, they're all attached and then felted, so it's not like I can peel the bottoms off and knit new ones on.  But here's what we did: my mom and I each took a slipper, and then we needle-felted the crap out of each hole and added some new fiber I had handy.  It probably won't last a long time, so I ordered some new yarn from Webs for the replacement pair.  And will probably want to put my dad on a slipper subscription going forward!

In other news - the farmer appeared a couple of days over the weekend; one afternoon I found both of my parents sitting in the shade on the deck watching the farmer working.  I joined them, and we looked like we needed big hats and mint juleps.  About 1/3 of the field has been cleared already - cut, whisked, baled, and removed.  I'm assuming they'll be back for the rest once this weather clears? 

My mom brought me some of her extra dwarf irises, which are now planted near the sweet almond bush and the bluebird house.  I'm to water them every morning for at least two weeks.

I also hung up a second hummer feeder.  I see at least one hummer checking it out, so we'll see what happens after that!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Sweet shot of the Oogy Rents. I'm glad that they were able to make the trip.
Yes to felted coasters!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows