Viking Fire Hat!

Guess what day it is??????  I hope this finds you well!  We're good here.

Continuing with my march through all things finished over the long weekend spent with my folks, may I present the blocked version of Neuro's Fire Festival Hat:


This was super fun to make, even if there were 8 million ends to weave in at the end.  And it only took me about a year and a half to make my way through it!  You know, this chart would make for a really fun cowl, and I've got all that yarn left over, hmmmmm.....

Speaking of yarn - I've got a big bag (ironically, felted) of wool odds and ends that I think I'll make into felted coasters.  I rummage around in there so often that many of the small balls have unraveled and tangled, so I've got a bit of sorting to do first.  I think I'll make a bunch of coasters using all different colors and styles.  Who says that your felted coasters have to match, anyway?

Our blazing hot and humid weather has departed by means of a fierce north wind that has been blowing all day.  I love it - clear air, strange clouds, absolutely perfect temps.  Both sets of wind chimes have been very busy today!

In wildlife news - There may have been a deer hanging out at the edge of the halfway-cut field last evening, and this morning I saw three hawks circling very low over our house and riding the currents.  Chippy the chipmunk still hangs out near the deck, probably too close to the house to worry about the birds of prey.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
nicely done! It looks fierce.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows