ABC

Hello on this sultry Sunday!  I hope this finds you safe and well.  We're good here.

Any of you who have been abroad, specifically to Western Europe, might recognize the meaning behind today's blog post title.  Typically tourists who are whisked through the countryside of England, Wales, Ireland, or Scotland inevitably end up learning the phrase "Another Bloody Castle".  Because they're everywhere.  And, oftentimes, if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Well, there are exceptions.  We saw many lovely and unique castles during our trip through Scotland many years ago.  I specifically remember the castle ruins at Loch Ness, which was such a beautiful lake and area - and it reminded me of upstate NY's Finger Lakes.  We also spent a lovely time at Eilean Donan castle, which is a pretty famous one.  I don't remember if I ever went inside, but I did spend a lot of time sitting on a bench and admiring its exterior.  It's right on the water, which is always an attraction for me.

But this blog isn't about that, either - it's about Another Bloody Cowl:


This one is the BadAss Hybrid Cowl, so named because it's a combination of random handspun bits (the colored ones) and sock yarn that didn't really seem suitable for socks but makes a nice backdrop for the other yarns.  I pretty much made up the stitch patterns as I went, trying to decide which yarn wanted to be lace, which wanted garter, etc.

I've been casting on like crazy, and now have a new project in each of the five project bags I emptied out when my parents were here.  My dad's slippers will need to take priority, as his birthday is in less than a month now and they'll need to be mailed - eeeek!!

I don't have any new wildlife news to report today - all is quiet, as far as I can tell.  We had a bit of rain early this morning, so the farmer hasn't been back for the rest of his hay/canola or his two tractors that have been hanging out here.  Perhaps there will some harvesting excitement this coming week!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Another Beautiful Cowl, I say!
Anonymous said…
Awwwwww! Thank you, Neuro!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows