Orchids Galore!

It's Taco Tuesday and all good here!  I hope you're safe and well.  (We're really having tacos for dinner, too!)

I've been pretty busy, but I don't have a whole lot of yarn stuff to report.  Work continues on the current projects, and I still haven't started anything new in spite of all my threats.  I've otherwise been cooking, doing some work outside, staying in touch with friends virtually, and generally adjusting to having something resembling a schedule.

I also wanted to show you this, before too much longer:


The plant in the middle with the smaller white and purple flowers is the one that blossomed last year.  This is my first time with the two on the ends with the large flowers; there's also one in the middle who is sending up a flower stick but who might miss the trend and flower after everyone else is done.  These blossoms tend to last a really long time, so hopefully I'll be able to see all four of these blooming together.  If not, they're still lovely, and we get to enjoy them nonetheless.

Oh - I've read a couple of books I can tell you about.  The first one is related to a college alum book club, it's "Time's Convert" by Deborah Harkness.  I really hope that some of the discussion clues me in, because it was all lost on me.  First of all, it's one of those fantasy fiction novels, where everyone is either a vampire, has magical powers, or is an amazing mortal who understands and supports all of that.  Good grief.  I'm also not sure what the story was all about, except perhaps it was intended to convey a coming of age from a variety of perspectives.  Not my cup of tea.

I was fishing around in the NYPL yesterday and happened upon what turned out to be the script or screenplay for a movie I've had on my wish list: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.  I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it.  At least now I know.  Evidently, it won all kinds of awards, as did some of the actors, so perhaps it's still worth seeing, but the story was a little disappointing for me.

The wildlife continue to be scarce, although I think a couple of them may have gone running around in the field the other day, the whatever (canola, perhaps?) seems a little trampled over there.  The yellow birds I thought were goldfinches might actually be yellow warblers, so I've been listening for their songs for confirmation.  So far they get drowned out by the robins and RWBs, who sing their asses off all day long, and the occasional crow.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Nice tropical jungle to knit by!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows