Ibid.

Hello Monday!!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

Here is the latest cowl to begin its emergence from the finishing process:


This is Neuro's Switching Modes pattern, knit with repurposed cashmere laceweight yarn (doubled) and my first (heavy-handed) speckle dyeing attempt.  The two go together very nicely, I think.  I loved making this, and will be scrounging around for more yarn candidates for another one very soon, I'm sure.  I get to use my lovely size 5 bamboo straight needles.  I knit the "purl" sections backwards (because my knit and purl gauges are so different), which was also super fun.  Even the 75-stitch kitchener edge wasn't too bad (ever since I learned the mnemonic "King Phillip's Purple Knickers".  As LW said, even though she has knit so many socks now she doesn't have any trouble remembering the order, she won't be able to get this phrase or image out of her head any time soon!

I've cast on for my dad's new slippers.  I also realized that I may have over-bought yarn.  I forgot that Berkshire is bulkier and makes things way too big when doubled.  So I may be making a second pair in advance of Xmas, LOL.

The owly cowly is now a mobius, due to an inadvertent twist during the closing of the loop.  I thought about going back, but why not make it a design element instead, right?

I found a project to put in the last empty project bag.  You will literally laugh out loud when you see it.  I've got a total of five active projects now, but the slippers and coasters will take priority due to the felting process and slipper deadline.

There was quite a cacophony of birds last evening; I don't know what was going on out in the woods, but the crows sounded really pissed off about something.  Crow fight?  Oogyhubby was hoping for some quiet time on the deck and I think he gave up!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I just picked up my switching modes cowl in progress--there is something soothing in its familiarity. Your cashmere version is, well, beautiful!
Anonymous said…
Thanks, Neuro! I'll look forward to seeing your next one once it's completed!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows