ABC!!

Hello Saturday!!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

I'm not naming it Another Bloody Cowl, but I did cast on for the Casapinka Cowl KAL yesterday, after deciding that the Koigu will be Color A:


 I've since knit a few more rows, so I'll have an update for you next time!

Also in this pic - you might recognize the coaster.  I found one that I'd made but had somehow overlooked when everything got felted, so I just threw it in the wash and dryer a couple of times.  It needed a bit of shaping, but once I'd wrestled it into place and it dried, it's been off and running!

I actually think I have enough yarn for one more coaster (different colors), and with this laissez-faire method of felting, I just might knit it up and throw all caution to the wind again!

Also in this pic is a cocktail I made using a kit from a subscription I got myself for my b-day.  Each box features three different recipes using the same base liquor, and they provide all the ingredients except for the booze and the ice.  This month it's Japanese whiskey, so I went with Suntory Tory.  It's a lovely, smooth blended whiskey and the price point is quite nice as well (in the range of Monkey Shoulder).  I'm not sure I'd want to gather all these ingredients to make these again - although they've all been fun and interesting to drink - but I'm enjoying the process.  The price point for the subscription is a bit high for a longer-term service, but I'll definitely look forward to the next two months' adventures!

Lastly, and most significantly - we spent yesterday afternoon socially distancing and canine socializing with the Ws!  They're in town for a bit to attend to a bunch of things (nothing serious but most time-sensitive), and offered to help us a bit with Benson.  We found a local park (it's quite nice, no wonder our taxes are so high, LOL), and had been taking Benson each day this week to get him acclimated.  Since he'd tried to eat my parents, we didn't have very high expectations, but Benson did great!  He took treats from each of them right away, let them pet him, didn't jump on them, and eventually let each of them take his leash and go for a short walk!  We decided to leave on a positive note, but we'll defintiely do this again next week (mid-week, when most everyone is at work/schoool).

Oh, and Mr. W made a great point that also aligns with Neuroknitter's comment from yesterday - given Benson's dislike of having his feet touched (although he does tolerate having them toweled off in the rain/mud), it might be best if his sweater wasn't a pullover.  I'll see if I can come up with a way to modify the one I'm making for straps and similar.  If not, I'll start over!  That's what prototypes are for!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows