Sculpture by Benson

Hello on this Summery Sunday!  I hope you're safe and well; we're good here.

I wanted to show you the sculpture that Benson built for me last evening:


He is emphasizing the similarities - our two hobbies, squeak-fetching and knitting - while also providing a commentary on the differences - rubber and wool.  It speaks to how we can all find common aspects, even with the most diverse perspectives.

It didn't take this smart dog very long to figure out that if he wanted us to throw that colossal toy (because he refuses to play with any others except for the ones he shreds and/or eats), he had to capture our attention by putting it on or next to the things that seem important to us - computer keyboards, knitting projects, dinner, etc.  You can see at the edge of the photo where some drool got on the chair - there were earlier versions of this that he dismantled (temperamental artist!).  That's how I knew this one was for me - it's on my knitting.

Speaking of which - I believe I've passed the halfway point of Clue 1 for the CCK (Casapinka Cowl KAL), so I'll just wait to take a pic of the completed clue rather than inundate you with daily updates.

I also found a different pattern for a non-pullover dog sweater, and it's - gasp - crochet.  Why not?  We're still in prototype mode.  And it's 82 degrees outside at the moment.  And the leaves are changing colors rapidly.  They're lovely, but they won't last much longer at this rate!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I like Benson's sense of color, choosing yarn to complement his toy. We might need to consult with him before embarking (ha ha!) on another KAL!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows