New Beginnings

Happy Taco Tuesday, and indeed it was!  I hope this finds you well and safe; we're good here.

The Casapinka shawl (more like a scarf, I think, but that's OK) KAL is coming to an end, and I've just bound off the last of it.  There are a kajillion ends to work in, and the thing really needs to be severely blocked, but I really like it a lot and can't wait to wear it!  It's so easy to throw a scarf over any top I'm wearing and look sharp for a video call of any kind.

Casapinka is moving quickly into another KAL, this time it's a cowl, it begins this Friday, and it lasts for four weeks.  I've signed up, of course, and have selected some lovely stash yarns for it.  I'll take their pic very soon so I can show you!

Also, the September Gift pattern is - more socks.  Which actually kind of works out, because I was just thinking about holiday knitting and I plan to make two pairs of yoga socks (no toes or heels) for our popcorn-stringing friends, even though there probably won't be any popcorn stringing this year due to the need to social distance.  I need to select some yoga sock yarns and get those started soon!

With the cooler weather, and Benson's tendency to aim for the sunbeams, I really need to get his sweater started as well - beginning with his measurements.  We'll both need to be sedated for that one!

I don't have any new wildlife updates to provide - the deer continue to hang around and leave deer-shaped dents in the grass, I hear the crows all over the place, and the geese continue to practice for their long flight to wherever they go for the winter.  I love the light at this time of year, even though every day there's noticeably less of it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons