Yoga Socks!

Hello on Taco Tuesday! (although here it will be Pizza Tuesday!)  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

I cast on for the first pair of the yoga socks last evening, and this yarn is going to work out just fine:


I'll have to find my notes about the best way to navigate through the pattern, but for now it's just K1P1 ribbing for as long as you want the cuff part, then K2P2 for as long as you want the leg part and are ready to make the opening for the non-heel.  I cast on 64, which is conveniently divisible by 4 and also makes socks that fit most folk.

Now that Autumn has arrived, I need to start organizing the rest of my holiday knitting as well.  I keep forgetting that I need new yarn for my dad's slippers (remember he is starting on the annual subscription plan, even though he just got a pair in July - that was the catch-up pair), and I just ordered some yarn for the Dissent Cowl yesterday, ugh.  I also cast on for what might be the last felted coaster.  I found some more bulky singles (a la Brown Sheep), and now I know I can fearlessly toss the thing in with the rest of the laundry.

We met up with the Ws at the park again yesterday; this time we brought a picnic lunch.  Benson didn't seem to remember them at first, so we re-introduced everyone and that worked fine.  A guy brought two husky dogs to play in the nearby vacant tennis court; one escaped and came running over and I think only us humans freaked out.  It's possible that Benson would have loved to play with this fellow, but we didn't want to take any chances, especially since he was just beginning to get over-stimulated.  The guy came over and scooped up the dog - not a small dog - and the dog was just like, oh well, OK, back to the other side of the fence.

Speaking of over-stimulated - Benson has been sleeping a lot more during the day this week.  In the morning I move his bed into my study so he can sleep while I work.  I wonder if he's been sleep-deprived this whole time?  Poor boy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons