Doggie in the Sunbeam

Happy Tuesday All!  It's Chili Tuesday here, and I hope you're all well.  We're good!

For some reason, I decided to give my crockpot a late summer workout.  Yesterday it was an experiment - risotto.  Who ever heard of such a thing?  Well, I have to tell you - it wasn't perfect, but it beats the crap out of standing there stirrimg for about 30 minutes straight.  Today it was the turkey chili with tequila and lime - which went perfectly with risotto leftovers, and a bit for the freezer.  Tomorrow it's pulled pork, with the last chunk and the bone.  Nothing too fancy, but a nice basic recipe that will also freeze well.

It was warm today, and very humid, yet the dog headed for the sunbeam in my room:


 This was one of the few times today he wasn't in constant motion.  We found him a new toy, so now he has two that are functional (all others have either been dismissed or disembowled).

I really do need to make him a sweater for winter if he's heading for the sunbeams already!

There were 6-7 deer on the lawn near the house this morning when we went for our early walk.  Everyone pretty much ignored each other, but the deer casually meandered over into the next field over.  On the way back, everyone glared each other, and there was also barking.  Perhaps the distance made him brave?

We continue to have unwelcome bee visitors in our bedroom, so the battle continues on as well.

I've been knitting away on the Casapinka shawl and will take a picture soon to show you the progress.  I'm thinking regardless of how the colors are arranged, it would come out awesome.  The handspun I chose changes colors more often than I thought, but it makes for a nice effect.  Someday I'll have the chance to wear it somewhere, LOL!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
That's the first Benson picture that wasn't blurry from his lightning speed!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows