Neuro Rocks!!!

Three of the four things I want to tell you about today involve Neuro in some way, and all are very welcome in light of the dark, rainy, and cold weather we've been having here in the Northeast US for the past several days.

1) Neuro has just updated her blog for the first time in a while - and with pics from a visit to the spinning mecca of Green Mountain Spinnery!  It looks like she and her crew had a great time touring the facilities and not getting eaten by the giant pickers and carders.  We had an amazing visit there many years ago now, when at one point they were lobbing cones of Mountain Mohair down from the attic (sorry if I've already told you this story, but it's one of my favorites!).

2) MONKEYSOCK!!


It looks like the Hocus Pocus color pattern is just starting to repeat.  I'll probably do another 2 pattern repeats before I start thinking about turning the heel.  The Karbonz are beside themselves with joy.

3)  First skein of Only One - spun, plied, washed, and nearly dry:


You can probably tell that I don't weight my handspun as it dries; instead, I prefer to whack it on the side of the shower to fluff it up and distribute the twist a little more (this also flings off some additional water, thus assisting the drying process).

4) I can't be sure, but I saw what might have been a bald eagle the other day.  All I managed to glimpse was a large bird of prey, flying fast and low along the wide path we have running between the house and the woods, with something in its mouth.  The bird had a white head and a dark brown body - it looked to be brown all over, except for the head.  It all happened so quickly, I didn't see much else.  I know we have hawks around here, but this did not have the stripey tail of a hawk.  I think.  Hopefully I'll get another (and better?) look some time!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Ha! I have a fan.
The yarn spun from the Only One fleece is not what I expected to see at all. It is beautiful, though. And, it's good to have a boldly colorful project to offset this dreary spring weather.
I think my spinning wheel might get packed in the car soon...

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons