Are You OrCHIDDING Me??

Along with all of the daffodils, mystery trees, and other outdoor green wonders, we inherited some orchids from the previous owner.  In spite of my overall orchid ignorance and general inability to remember to water my indoor plants with any sort of regularity, I now have this:


One big blossom, with maybe 5-6 others nearly ready to go as well!  (You can also see the hummer feeder in the background - it's going out today, just as soon as I boil me some sugar-water!)

With it being so cold this past week, and attending a few events where I wanted to look passable, I found myself wearing Ily, which I had made some time ago:


Neuro had dyed and given me the yarns; you can see a bit more in the closeup below where she has brown and purples together, and some lovely gradients of the brick color:


I think I actually ran out of yarn when making this (I wanted to be sure to use them all up!!), and had to amend the pattern somewhat - of course I can't tell that now.  The scarf is a dream to wear - I feel both posh and comforted when I have it on!!

In other yarn news, I've been busy.  Here is January Hat #2, ready to go:


Mom slippers, ready to be packaged and mailed (just in time for Mother's Day!):


The latest batch of baby mitts:


The two on the left feature more Neuro-dyed yarns - on the far left is yarn from a sock blank dyed especially for baby mitts (in amazing rusts and yellows); second from the left are leftovers from sock blanks where Neuro painted the word "Oogy" into the yarn (although it did not show up in the socks I made from it - bummer!).  The two on the right are random sock yarn leftovers.

Lastly - I'm about to start the lace cuff on FM #2.  And I'm going to have a bunch of this lovely neon green yarn left over.  Too much just for baby mitts, but maybe not quite enough for a pair of ankle socks.  I'll have to see if I have something fun to pair it with.


I've been doing a bit of spinning today, and am also starting to have some thoughts about weaving!  April Hat is awaiting casting on, and of course MONKEYSOCKS!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons