Colors

The first inch of Monkey Socks!!  (they look a little bluer in this pic than they actually are, probably because my blue water bottle is just behind them in the light!)


I saw another mystery bird yesterday, but by the time I got out my binoculars he was gone.  He was bright blue, smaller than a robin, definitely not a blue jay and probably not a bluebird.  One theory is that he's an indigo bunting.  I've been keeping an eye out for him again so I can get a better look.

At one point earlier today I was looking out the west window and a bright yellow bird zoomed by.  Thinking that was a goldfinch?

I am also trying to figure out what types of trees, bushes, and plants we have here.  I'm told we have cherry trees, so that's my guess for these:


There are a couple of these bushes (shrubs?) right next to the house, the chickadees like to hang out in them - no idea what they are though:


I know what these are, and they are EVERYWHERE:


I.  Hate.  Dandelions.  But there are way more of them than I can possibly eradicate.  I'm either going to have to learn to live with them, or figure out a way to poison them en masse without jeopardizing any mammals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons