Photo Lineup

It's still pretty cloudy today so far, but I wanted to show you some of the things from this past weekend's activities before they start to take other forms!

The three yarns that I dyed (well, Neuro and LW did most of the work while I was fussing in the kitchen!) all involved Capretta:


I was initially hoping to get two of them to contrast boldly enough for a cool two-colored shawl/scarf, but it seems like they are all amazing just on their own.  They are each 460 yards, so there are still lots of options for individual items!

MONKEYSOCK #1 is ready for toe kitchenering, and amazingly enough I ended up about a yard ahead of where I started the colorway pattern - so the second sock can match the first:


I started my dad's slippers - these are always a hot mess until they're felted:


Much to my delight, the recipient of the Zigzagular Socks requested more socks.  For some reason I have more Hawthorne hanging around:


Right now I'm thinking MONKEYSOCKS for the darker color, and Mercury Socks for the speckled.  We'll have to wait and see what the Hawthorne thinks of all of this!  I also think I'll stick with #0 needles.  (Hocus Pocus MONKEYSOCK might have to wait a bit so that the Karbonz can be redeployed for this special mission!)

I also spent a lot of time spinning, and will have another two hanks of Only One by the time I'm done with the first pound - although I have another couple of hours or so of spinning before that will happen.  Neuro and I also got some fabric and supplies for some SEWING (yes, you read that right).  I plan to make some linen pants - we'll see how all of that goes!!

In terms of what I'm going to do next - as much as I'd like to dive into a couple of new things, I've got deadlines looming: I need to get FM #2 done before next weekend (eeek!!!), and my dad's slippers done before my parents come to visit later this month (just after Father's Day).  And I'd really like to get the Special Request socks underway - it's not every day I get a knitting request and I'd like to be able to meet it within a reasonable timeframe. 

Not much wildlife news to report aside from the usual birds (everywhere) and goaties (frolicking). 

FM cuff, here I come!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Oogy, you would think that we would realize that there is already too much yarn and not enough time, but here we are, spinning some more!
Seeing the 3 skeins together leads me to think that the 2 mauvy-pinkish ones might be combined to make something rather pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons