Today on the Deck

It's been raining here nearly every day for the better part of a week, but today was a quick break inbetween weather systems.  I took advantage and spent a few minutes outside in the late afternoon:


(From left to right - MONKEYSOCK, new baby mitts, blue water bottle, Manhattan)

Our Big Lake is only 3 inches lower than its extreme flood level from 2017, and we are expecting winds out of the north tomorrow night, which push the water onto the land and make an absolute mess.  We used to have a little place up on the water and let me tell you - when that lake gets going, it is terrifying.  There were a couple of times we just packed up and left, the water was hitting the sea wall and splashing OVER the cottage.  I miss that place, but I don't miss the anxieties!!  It's wet enough here as it is!

The yarn for my dad's slippers arrived yesterday, so those are on the list to get to in the near-term.  I still have FM sock cuff to finish as well.  No wonder the spinning keeps luring me!!

We had some late afternoon thunderstorms yesterday, and the goaties were in their pasture just as it started to rain.  Someone must have called them in, or rang the dinner bell or something, because suddenly they all BOOKED towards the barn.  I've never seen them move so fast, and they seemed so happy as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows