Assembled

My parents just left after spending a delightful long weekend with us.  One of the highlights was the work they did to build the beautiful puzzle that Neuro had brought us during her recent visit:


(They love this puzzle so much they wrapped it up in cardboard and duct tape and took it home with them!!)

They brought us a propane-fueled fire pit for the deck (that they had won in a raffle!), which my dad was quick to assemble; the two chairs I'd ordered for the deck also arrived on Friday, and they were hastily assembled as well.  There were Allen wrenches flying around all over the place!!  That fire thing is great and we had a lot of fun watching the flames.  The deck is starting to look like a happening place!  I've ordered two more chairs (since we liked the first two); the table will need an umbrella eventually as well - all in due time!

While they built the puzzle, I finished the SRS #1 and started SRS #2 (pics to follow; hopefully SRS #1 can get delivered this evening!).  I also felted my dad's slippers while we played card games on the deck yesterday afternoon; my dad got to try them on periodically until they were the right size.  I didn't take a picture though!  Just imagine the ones you've already seen, except smaller and fuzzier :)

Mamma and Baby Deer made an appearance in the field this morning to send them off on their trip home!  We each saw a blue heron flying overhead at various times, and there was a turkey vulture sighting as well.  Otherwise, the usual backyard birds - particularly the red-winged blackbirds - were definiteLEEEE very entertaining!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows