Beverages and Flowers

I took this pic yesterday, but it could be from any random day of the week - morning coffee and knitting whilst awaiting the cooking of the oatmeal:


Oogyhubby had a great idea for a seating arrangement where Neuro and I spent our mornings and evenings happily knitting and drinking (coffee and adult beverages, respectively).  It's also the perfect vantage point to the stove, where I can keep watch on the bubbling oatmeal (or anything else, for that matter).

By now I'm closing in on completing SRS #1, and hoping to cast on for #2 before heading out to visit with LW and crew for the evening.  (I can usually manage to navigate some straightforward knitting inbetween the lively conversation, pets, and adult beverages - but I'll be happy if I make it through the ribbing!)  I'm the cocktail culprit for these events - I like to find a fun drink that I think most or all would like to try, and then see what comes of it all.  Sometimes it's a huge hit - like the time I made hurricanes, and we kicked nearly a whole bottle of rum (to be fair, there were at least 6 of us, only one of whom was driving).  Sometimes it's a bomb - like the watermelon margaritas I attempted for Memorial Day.  Tonight it's going to be Cherry Bomb - rum, lime soda, lime juice, and grenadine.  It could be awesome or awful, so I also have pre-made Strawberry Margaritas as a backup plan.

Neuro is right - the second set of Karbonz is a solution for how to work on two pairs of socks at the same time - but I was thinking more along the lines of how best to divide my time in order to accomplish that!  I still haven't finished my dad's slippers, and they will be here for their visit in just a few days!! 

Speaking of dividing time - this morning in a moment of weakness I signed up for this:



Perfect Blend MKAL

Using these:

Special Edition 15 - Miss Babs Perfect Blend Set

Miss Babs Perfect Blend Special Edition - Wild Iris

At least it doesn't start until July, so in theory I have time to finish SRS, Hocus Pocus MONKEYSOCK, my dad's slippers, and May Hat (although June Hat will be released next week - eeek!).

Neuro - I think it needs to be the Year of the Iris.  Let's start it retroactively on May 31st, when you blogged about your irises and matching fiber.  Then we can plan to wrap it up at next year's dyeing event, when we'll use the colors in Georgia O'Keeffe's Iris as inspiration.  Inbetween I'll make this shawl, you'll do something fabulous with that fiber, and we'll see what other trouble we can get into.  I don't want to exclude all those flowering beauties that grow on Shetland, so maybe we could extend our theme to something like Year of Perennial Flower Colors (I'm open to suggestions for catchier names than that).  Thoughts?

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Year of the Iris. Perfect!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows