Disassembled

When she visited me last month, Neuro had to endure a guest room that was warm with no ventilation: the only window, a skylight, wouldn't open.  I quickly realized that, although this room is delightfully sunny and cozy in the winter, it's not tolerable on warmer days.  I decided to switch it to a yarn room from a guest room, and then move the guest part (mostly the futon) into my current study/yarn room.

Little did we know that the movers must have disassembled the futon to move it, and also to get it into that room.  There was no way we were going to get it out of that room and into the new room without taking it apart.  And we had no idea what was involved.

Hello internet!  I had to read a bunch of different things, but once I did that and then studied the thing in the daylight, it was pretty straightforward - although there was some elbow grease and careful balancing involved so as not to bend the bolts:


It's now back together and in the process of being made up - just in time for my parents' arrival tomorrow afternoon!

This, and some good stuff on the job front, has put me behind schedule for preparations.  It will all come together, somehow - I'll just need to make sure we have plenty to eat and drink, the rest will follow.

There was some drama at the hummingbird feeder this afternoon - some larger, orangey bird (I thought it might be a Baltimore Oriole, but now I'm not so sure) was checking out the feeder.  I think it was too large to perch and drink at the same time.  No wonder one of the little hummers has been standing guard over it these past few days!  There's plenty of sugarwater to go around, but some of these dudes get pretty territorial.

Also, on my way out for an appointment yesterday, I happened upon Mamma and Baby Deer standing in the middle of the forest path:


We all looked at each other for a bit.  I took the picture, then they turned and walked back into the woods.  Even at that distance, I could tell that the Mamma is the size of a small horse - and taller than me!  Yikes!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I love that your yarn gets its own room!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows