Pattern Pontification

I spent some time yesterday afternoon enjoying the nice weather and finishing all the pre-felting work for my dad's slippers:


(It was early enough in the day that I was still drinking water, although it was of the flavored and carbonated variety!).

While I was out there, the two hummingbirds that have been visiting the feeder pretty much ignored me and kept up their frequent trips.  At one point it sounded like I was being buzzed by a drone - they can make a lot of noise as they zoom around!

Speaking of noise, at one point I heard the FWAP FWAP of large wings overhead; I looked up and there was a heron, headed east.  It's possible that it had been perched on one of the trees along the driveway before it took flight, but I didn't see that part.

I also spied a yellow and black butterfly a couple of times (or there were two flying around).  I thought they were more yellow and rounded than the Yellow Swallowtail appears to be, but I don't have any better suggestions for a match.  Pretty sure they weren't moths though.

I've had a couple of ideas about what to do with the dyed yarns from our First Annual Dyeing event.

The blue yarn is so vivid and strong that it doesn't lend itself to pairing with the others; instead, rather than make solid-colored socks with it, I'm thinking of pairing it with a bare skein of the same yarn to make Pure Joy:



Similar colorway arrangement as well, I think.

For the other two (part of the launch of Year of the Iris), I do want to go with All About That Brioche:



That way there will be some brioche drama interspersed amongst all that garter!

LOL - or I could switch the pattern and yarn combos - Brioche for the blue, Joy for the irises.  I've got some time yet - there are still SRS and MONKEY socks, baby mitts, and May and June Hats to get through first!!  And the spinning - haven't forgotten that either!  (We won't mention the sewing - but I'm saving that until after my parents' visit.)


Comments

neuroknitter said…
Both of the shawls look very nice, and fun to knit. Decisions, decisions...

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows