Deadline Knitting Daydreaming

So while I'm finishing the FM sock cuff, working on Special Request Mercury Socks, and chipping away at my dad's slippers, I'm also thinking some more about the newly-dyed Caprettas, particularly since Neuro made the suggestion about combining the two mauve/lilac colors.

I definitely want to make a scarf/shawl from these yarns; such items add a lot of wardrobe flexibility as well as warmth.  And now I associate these specific yarns with our awesome dyeing weekend as well as Neuro's beautiful lilacs that have overtaken nearly all of New England!!

I could go with a two-color option, such as All About That Brioche.  These skeins are 460 yards each, so I'd have plenty of yarn.

OR - I could go crazy and use all three colors in something like Color Affection.  Neuro and I originally thought that the blue color was so amazing that it had to stand on its own.  But 460 yards doesn't yield that much fabric.

What do you think?

There is always an opportunity for something monochromatic - I have two skeins of undyed Capretta remaining, and can always dye them together so that they're roughly the same colorway.  And of course I can always get more Capretta - next year's dye event will be here before we know it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows