Frozen Margarita Socks

At long last, the FM socks were presented to their intended recipient last evening, on the occasion of her wedding - which turned out to be a most unusual, very enjoyable, and super fun event.  This is the second or third pair of socks I've made for her, and last night was the first time we met.  I'm sure it won't be the last, either!

Before they left, the socks posed for some pictures.  Here they are in their finality:


Here are some close-ups in case you'd like to see more details.

Lime slices on leg:


Lime slices on toe:


Salted Rim (aka the backwards beaded lace):


And the acceptable heel (Eye of Partridge, but done in reverse due to the toe-up):


In the meantime, I got another inch or so done on SRS (Special Request Sock) #1 and finished the knitting on my dad's slippers.  I'm feeling like some spinning might be in order for later today - I'd really like to get that first half of the Only One spun up and ready for its next phase!

In other news:  daisies are starting to appear all over the place!  I'm guessing that deer hate those as well.  There are no new wildlife sightings to report, but I did hear a most unusual bird call yesterday afternoon; it was loud and coming from a non-woodpecker-looking bird up in a nearby tree.  I didn't run in to get my binoculars, but I could tell that it was definitely bigger than a robin, had a white-ish undercarriage, and other muted colors such as browns.  It was hopping around on the tree like the woodpeckers do, but I don't think this was one.  I'll have to do some searching around to see if I can find a similar call.


Comments

neuroknitter said…
The FM socks are gorgeous. Good job remembering to take pictures before giving them away! I usually forget. Looking forward to seeing more!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows