All Together Now!

Hello on this Saturday!  I hope you're safe and well; we're good here.

The yarns I ordered for the Casapinka KAL arrived yesterday; here they all are, together at last:


The two balls of the handspun look very different in this photo, but I'm going to blame that on the flash and my lousy photography skills.  They're actually very similar.

What I need to do next, and before this thing officially kicks off next Friday, is wind the two skeins into balls and decide which color will associate with which assignment in the pattern (A,B,C,D).  There are some guidelines but I haven't spent any quality time with them yet. 

I'm otherwise looking forward to a day of catching up - on sleep (check that one off!), with some friends, getting my new computer set up (the surprise ridgeback sort of glommed up those plans for a bit!), etc.  I'm also excited to do some meal planning for next week.  When did I become that person??

OH, wildlife updates.  So last night, Oogyhubby took Benson out for his late evening b-room break.  Suddenly, there was a noise, he described it as a coughing noise.  Upon hearing this, Benson leaped into the air and snarled!  The coughing noise happened again, and then it was gone.  Benson had been behaving a little weirdly in the house just before that, so I'm wondering if one of our foxies had been circling the house prior to that encounter.  I'm going with foxie, versus coyote, raccoon, skunk, or possum.

Then, at 3:30 this morning when Benson woke us up because he had to go again (I think the fox incident super-activated his kidneys), we stepped outside and absolutely freaked out at least one deer who was lurking on the grassy path alongside the house (we call it the Deer Audubon).  The one I saw absolutely DOVE into the woods.  Benson thought this was great - he wasn't pissed, he wanted to go on the hunt!  It took a few minutes to quiet him down enough to remember why he was out there in the first place, but we managed.

Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows