The Wrong Bees

 So Happy It's Thursday!  I hope you're well; we're good here!

So Clue 3 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, and of course I'm still mired in Clue 2 in spite of knitting what feels like all week long:

(It's starting to get long enough that fitting it into one frame seems silly.)

Neuro, of course, is right on schedule, and her shawl looks ah-maze-ing!!!  Check out her latest progress on her blog!

I've been talking about getting some honeybees ever since we moved out into the country.  I haven't ruled it out yet, so I keep thinking about it.  In the meantime, we have lots of the wrong kinds of bees, so much so that we needed to call a bug guy to help us with them.  Thanks to the Ws, we got the name of someone they really like, so we called him as well.  Part One was today, when he injected his poison into a nest of yellowjackets within one of our eaves.  Part Two will happen in the spring when the carpenter bees start trolling for a place to drill their tunnels.  I'm no yellowjacket fan, and won't miss those little assholes, but I will feel just a little bad about the carpenters - they are good pollinators.  But our log home is like a gingerbread house to them, and we need to live in it!

Benson got to go for a car ride today that wasn't related to the vet or anything awful for him.  He did pretty well, all things considered - we don't go a lot of places these days, so there are few opportunities.  I got him a harness and a strap that buckles into the seatbelt thingey, so he's pretty secure in the car as well as looking somewhat badass in the harness.

It won't last, but we've had the best weather the last couple of days.  We even had a silly downpour early yesterday, when a little black raincloud, I swear straight out of Winnie the Pooh, hovered over our house for a while.  You can still see my footprints on the driveway!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows