April Come She Will

The month of April always makes me think of the brief but lovely Simon & Garfunkel song.  What a dazzling live performance - I can't imagine what it must have been like to be there!!

After I sat down yesterday morning to hammer out a few more rows of the FM Sock cuff lace, and after messing up at least half of them and only managing to increase my progress by TWO rows (remember, these are really short - about 10 stitches each!!!), a flurry of other activities ensued and I was otherwise engaged for the rest of the day.  So much so that I totally forgot that yesterday was the release for the APRIL HAT pattern:


Here we go with bobbles again!  I'll forge ahead - I still have plenty of worsted weight wool to make good use of.  I'll select the yarn and add this to my impending project pile, but will otherwise continue to (attempt to) refrain from starting anything new just yet (with the exception of baby mitts, which are really just one ongoing project).

Neuro, I laughed out loud at your comment about chucking the FM socks out the window!  I am really trying to challenge my knitting skills and also tap into the mindful knitting process, so I expected there to be some hurdles along the way.  However, I did not expect for this lace to be such a problem - it's not like I've never knit lace before!!

With everything going on yesterday, I was out of the house for a decent chunk of time so did not have the chance to observe much wildlife activity.  The goaties were in their back pasture, all kinds of birds were flying around, and at dinner time there may have been a turkey in the far distance.  This morning there is a very dense fog but so far I can state with accuracy that there is otherwise very little happening within the 25 feet from the house that I can actually see!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows