Back to January

It's snowing here today.  Not the pretty Dreaming of a White Christmas snow, but the fine grains that fly horizontally in the wind and stick to the sides of trees or the deck.  And it's windy.  And cold.  Were it nor for the daffodils and the supremely green lawn, it could be mistaken for a warmer day in January (we have the heat on too!).

And - I'm going to need to make another January Hat.  A former neighbor has just done us an immense favor and I think a navy version (in Northampton) would be just perfect for her.  April Hat will still be waiting in the wings, along with the off-white yarn (also Northampton), but the design is all wrong for this particular recipient from my perspective.  February Hat is bright pink, as you'll recall (although I still haven't blocked and pommed it yet), which you can't give to just anyone, and I already gave March Hat (was also navy) to another friend.  And I'm not even dreading all those bobbles again!!  Thus far my favorite of the Year of Hats.

Speaking of moving on - Zigzagular Socks will be headed off, hopefully tomorrow, to the wife of a friend who had some surgery this past week.  It will be fairly cold for the next few days as well - what's better than resting whilst wearing cozy socks?  (Answer: wearing cozy socks with chirality!!)

FM sock progress - I'm in the middle of the Eye of Partridge heel.  Soon it will be a sea of stockinette until the first lime slice!!

In wildlife news - there is not a soul around; not even the goaties are out today.  It was strangely warm yesterday afternoon, which makes this cold wind seem even colder.  I think everyone's lying low for the time being.  Not a bad idea!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Snow? It's the end of APRIL.
This worries me because we usually get your weather the next day or so.
Luckily I have been too lazy to put away all the hats!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons