Gusset

OK, here we go, we're rounding the corner and headed for the Frozen Margarita sock leg; first stop, the Gusset:


As you can see, I've filled in all the variables from the MUMTU pattern, and have completed the Gusset section (I keep wanting to add a second T - why is that??).  I would say it was fairly straightforward - increase at both ends of the sole every other row, 10 times - but I kept getting my M1Rs and M1Ls mixed up.  And I keep thinking that the pattern has them reversed as well.  I'd also say I was following the pattern anyway, but I'm pretty sure I've still got a couple in there that are backwards.  In the overall scheme of things - hopefully not a big deal.  I fixed what I found within 3 rows, and will let the rest stay as they are.  Next step, Heel Extension!

March Hat is all blocked, pommed, and ready to be on its way to its recipient tomorrow morning:


I'm pretty sure I used the wrong kind of provisional cast-on for the tubular cast-on - my go-to is a crochet chain picking up the knit stitches on the bumps but the finishing got weird - but I don't think it will make a huge difference.  April Hat won't be here for another couple of weeks, so there will be a short break from hats.

In today's wildlife news:  there were THREE hawks circling parts of the woods this afternoon!  The goaties have been in their pasture and seem to be a bit more active lately (in terms of walking around and occasionally jumping a little?).  Still no sign of the deer though.  The most surprising - and entertaining - part of the day was when the snowplow guys showed up to collect their stakes and then spent a LOT of time tidying up the driveway and surrounding areas (including the giant rut one of them made when they overshot the driveway and drove on the lawn).  It's a mostly dirt, somewhat gravel driveway, so it is messy on the best of days, but it hasn't looked this nice in a long time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows