Turkey Day!!!

I know what you're thinking - I must live in Canada, because their T-giving isn't in November like the one in the U.S.  Well - I'm relatively close to Canada, all things considered, but their T-giving is in October, not April.

What makes today Turkey Day is this:


(Yes, it's a terrible picture - taken through a window with a screen, using my phone that has a functional yet suboptimal camera (and I'm OK with that, since I don't take a lot of pics aside from the ones seen here!).  I also zoomed the image in the photo editor, which doesn't help with the clarity one bit.  The quality is so poor I wouldn't be surprised to see a blurry Sasquatch lurking in the background!)

Anyway - the turkeys made an appearance today (they are the shadowy dark things in the photo), and at one point the Tom puffed up like a cartoon turkey (he is the largest dark blob in the photo).  After milling around in the woods for a while, they all marched down the driveway and off to the development next door:


There were maybe 10 or so of them in total.  I've seen wild turkeys marching around at my parents' house, but it still surprises me just how large they are.  I can't believe it took them 4 months to show themselves, but perhaps they have a winter home and have just now returned.

In other news - I am setting the FM sock aside for a short while.  All of the beads are strung, but for some reason the lacy pattern is eluding me.  It's only 7-14 stitches wide, but either I count wrong or I'm unhappy with how the beads are sitting relative to the right side of the work.  I'll come back to it in a couple of days, with the expectation that it will become glaringly obvious by then (which is my experience with puzzles in general).  In the meantime, I'll return to my mom's slippers and the inevitable baby mitts.  I'm resisting starting anything new (MONKEYSOCKS) until I get through a couple more of these deadline-ish projects.

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I love how they marched down the driveway!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons