Wrangling the Frozen Margarita Heel

Welcome to the continuing saga of the toe-up MUMTU heel!  Today the Heel Extension:


And the Heel Flap in Eye of Partridge:


It's definitely tapping into my mindful knitting mode!  Although I'd like to think I can crank out a terrific cuff-down heel with one brain hemisphere tied behind my back, I haven't executed many toe-up heels successfully.  I keep messing up and having to tink back - although at least it's all been within-row.  Good thing I didn't try to start this last night after a couple of glasses of wine!!

Our HVAC guy is here today working on the boiler and for a while had it off-line.  There's a bit of chill in the air, so I've been wearing the Switching Modes scarf that Neuro made for me - although I think of it more as the Scarf of Warmth and Soothing, since just wearing it makes me feel better!


In addition to the chill it's also raining out, yet the silly pileated woodpecker is out there pecking and ack-acking all over the place!  

In other wildlife news - this morning before the rain started, a red-winged blackbird flew by my window - what colors!  I'd seen one pecking around on the ground a couple of weeks ago, but they are so much more resplendent in flight!!  We also spied some deer wandering around on the lawn last evening after dinner.  I asked where they'd been, but they were evasive in their response.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons