Definitely Daffodils!!


These are everywhere, and most are yellow, but a couple of clumps are white.  Some look like they were deliberately planted, whereas others may be the result of those squirrels that just can't sit still!  I like having the random bits of green and color this early in the season, even if it does mean that this may be the bulk of it due to the feasting deer.  I'll be planting some potted herbs soon, we'll see how far I get with that!

It was warm enough yesterday afternoon for me to sit out on the deck, which was lovely.  I also had fun messing with the birds - I was playing some bird calls on my phone, trying to figure out who I was hearing, and sometimes they all just stopped and listened.  I definitely heard a cardinal (birdie birdie birdie), robins, chickadees, and what I've since figured out is a wood thrush, although I haven't yet seen them.  What a fat tummy!!  I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for a sighting!

Speaking of birds - over the weekend, when it was cool and rainy, one of the pileated woodpeckers got busy on a fallen tree.  You can't see it terribly clearly in the below pic, and it's to muddy for me to get much closer than this, but there is literally a 3-foot linear section of the tree (center of the pic, lighter in color) that is now a pile of woodchips.  The bird was tossing them into the air, so chips were literally flying in all directions.  I kept watching and laughing out loud - this went on for a good part of the afternoon.


Lastly - I'm now officially 20% done with the FM cuff lace, and have made it through the last 6 rows without tinking!  Still wrangling the beads though - I have half a mind to get out the glue gun and glue them into place on the right side!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons