Some Knitting Progress

I'm trying to get some traction on the slippers for my mom as well as the Frozen Margarita socks, and am happy to report a bit of progress on each.  I'm targeting Mother's Day for the slippers (and they will need to be mailed - eek!), and an early June wedding for the socks.

The slippers for my mom look like a hot mess right now, but most of the knitting is done and I'll be left to all of the seaming and then felting very soon:


You'll recall that I had decided to leave most of the foot plain for the Frozen Margarita socks, with the exception of the lime slice on the toe.  Here I am closer to approaching the MUMTU heel process (brace yourselves for a play-by-play on that!):


The Karbonz needles have decided on their next project:


I had intended to take some time to find a great pattern for this super cool yarn, but I keep thinking that Monkey Socks would work really well.  Other than the mitts and slippers, I don't tend to return to the same pattern more than once or twice, but I've probably made 4-5 pairs of Monkey Socks over the past 10 or so years.  They work for me for a bunch of reasons: the knitting pattern looks complicated but it's a fairly simple repeat (and easy to catch any errors right away and fix them!); the pattern works with self-striping yarns as well as solids and even those difficult kettle-dyed ones that love to pool; they fit really nicely; they look great; and they all look different somehow!

(I think that it's not just the Karbonz who've made a decision about this yarn!)

This morning I spied our foxie loping across the field and into the woods.  I haven't seen the deer in several days, nor have I seen any recent evidence of them (although it's more difficult now that all the snow has melted, at least for now!).

Comments

neuroknitter said…
As one very lucky recipient of your previously-made Monkey Socks, I can support your decision to use this pattern with the self-striping yarn. I can't wait to see how they come out!

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons