Hay!! (And Other Distractions)

I have no new lace knitting to report.  I blame this on the following:

The intriguing cabling pattern of May Hat, and the fact that every other row is just K/P so why not just do one more row, and then see what the next one is like???  Before I know it, I'm done with the chart and ready for the decreases!!!


The Mystery Shawl KAL - although you will probably notice that I've already changed the color order from the "final" order I shared yesterday, and I'm also about to re-knit it because instead of remembering that I'm typically a needle size smaller than what is called for, I went with the recommended needle size and am hating the outcome so will be re-knitting these sections:


The hay farmer has arrived!  Every day brings a new piece of farm equipment with its accompanying tractor.  On Sunday, there was mowing:


Yesterday there was whisking/fluffing:


You want the hay good and dry, so sometimes you need to whisk it more than once.  It's been super dry here this week, which is probably why these guys are haying like bandits.


Today there is baling (I have no pictures of this - it would look like those turkey pictures from a few months ago - too far away from the house for my camera phone to make sense of it.  I'll try to get some better images when I drive out tomorrow morning).  I was LOL-ing at the hay bale machine - the tractor pulls it behind, it scoops up the hay, and after some time it poops out a round bale!!  A backhoe and a wagon arrived today, so I expect they will be picking up and removing these bales.  Then repeat the process??  There is still a ton of hay there in the middle!  What an ordeal!

No wonder the lace knitting is sitting on the sidelines and throwing rotten bananas at me!!  This might not be a great week for lace, but it certainly won't languish for too long!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
I am finding it helpful to take a rest from the lace, too. And a view of hay baling is a total bonus!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows