Palate Cleansers

I watched a couple of knitting-related vlogs this afternoon, and for some reason that motivated me to finish spinning the first half of the Only One fiber.  I'm glad that Neuro talked me out of trying to cram the last bit onto one bobbin - as you can see they are both pretty full so that would never have worked:


(The one on the right is only slightly more purple than the one on the left, but for some reason this lighting makes them look more different than they actually are!)

These will marinate for a couple of days so that I can then wind them into balls and have a plying party!

I'll still have the other half of that wonderful wool, which should be another four full bobbins in the end.  I will keep going!!

In the meantime, I thought a palate cleanser of a small sample of merino/bamboo might be fun:


About half an hour later, I had this:


Good thing I have a wee niddy noddy for these smaller bits.  I'll take pics during that process as well!

I think I have another bobbin around here somewhere - if so, a second palate cleanser might be in order, although not until at least tomorrow!

Last but not least - another pair of baby mitts, in the last of the You Rang? sample, with gray ties to boy them up a bit:


The bamboo socks are coming along, but the yarn totally sucks - I've had at least 5 knots so far, and I've only just turned the heel on the first sock!  I'll keep going, but may chuck the whole thing out the window if it continues to be so crappy!!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The newly spun yarns look amazing. They remind me of our spectacular deck spinning earlier this summer. Nice!
Oogyknitter said…
Thanks!! I was thinking that too - we had such a great time, and produced some super yarns!!

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows