While the Sun Shines

The exciting haying adventures continue, but unfortunately without any additional pictures!

Last evening they returned and worked until it was dark, spearing the round bales of hay with some kind of large dagger attachment at the front of the backhoe and placing each bale on the wagon.  There were two wagons and a backhoe, and I think two guys - and they worked until dark from what I can tell. 

This morning there were several remaining bales of hay, but all in the goat-owner's field, too far off for my phone's camera.  When I returned from my morning errand, the backhoe had reappeared.  Mid-afternoon, they returned, filled two wagons with the remaining hay bales, and drove off, leaving us with the mover, attached tractor, and whisking attachment.

My guess is that, since rain is in the forecast for tomorrow, they needed to get all of their hay (ours and wherever else they're haying) under shelter and/or shrink-wrapped, and that they will proceed with further mowing on Friday or Saturday when it is drier.  This will make the haying event nearly a two-week process - who knew??  Will keep you updated!!

I do have a pic to share with you today - SRS #2, which were delivered via the hubby yarn mules last evening:


They look a bit more camo-colored in this pic than they do in real life - the brighter greens are very vividly green, and the browns are more muted.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. 

Not much other knitting going on here yet today.  Even through Neuro indicated that she is also taking a brief fine lace pause, I hesitate to ask at what row she paused.  I will just need to keep moving ahead - maybe we'll eventually end up on the same row # when she hits the pattern repeat??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows