Rainy Days, Mondays, and Hats!

It feels weird to have the windows open and cooler air coming through them, and even weirder that it has been raining softly all day as well.  I realize that it's summer and that it should be warm and sunny, but the last few days were really ridiculous.  Thankfully we had some AC in the right places, and didn't have to spend any time working outdoors.

I spent some time catching up on the monthly hats.  Here is April:


As you can see, it's a tam.  I'm not really a tam person, and this is honestly the first tam I've made.  The process is not much different than that of a regular hat - you just follow the directions - but the blocking involves a plate to keep the round flat part round and flat.  I think you can pretend that a tam is a regular hat when you wear it, but it's definitely shaped differently.  I think it turned out pretty nice otherwise.  I don't have an intended recipient, so it's joined the stash for future non-emergency knitting gift giving.  (Also, it looks yellowish in the pic - the yarn is definitely and consistently cream-colored, so there was something weird with the flash in the dim room.)

Likewise with June, although it's definitely not a tam:


I even cast on for July earlier today, in addition to another pair of mitts.  Over the weekend I identified an intended recipient for the bamboo socks, so they'll get some special attention in the coming weeks (fortunately my deadline isn't until the end of September).  I did a couple of successful lace rows yesterday, and am enjoying the extensive garter sections of Close to You.  I'm still lukewarm about the color sequence I chose for the shawl KAL, but at this point I've gone too far to take it all out.  Who knows, I may end up liking it in the end!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
Nice April Tam!
The cooler weather is a relief here, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows