Little Flags

Taco Tuesday, anyone?  I hope you're safe and well; we're good here.

The first four little squares from Voila went for a swim this morning.  I thought they looked like little flags all laid out on the blocking board (aka playmat):


So a couple of predictions, and we can refer back to these when the project is done in about ten years.

I had to unblock these down to 4 inches square, they really wanted to be 5 inches.  That means that my gauge is a bit larger than what the pattern calls for.  I don't think I'd like the texture of the squares if I move one needle size down, so I'm going to stick with the #7s.  I suppose I could have just blocked these all to 5 inches like they wanted to do, but they will probably end up somewhere in the middle anyway.

The consequences of knitting larger than gauge is getting something larger than planned, and it also runs the risk of using more yarn.  This pattern notes that the yarn supplied in the kit is very close to what's needed in the project, so I expect there will be some yarn chicken going on at the end, just like for the CWA (same supplier and designer as well, I do believe - shocker!).

Work continues on my dad's slippers as well.

Aside from that, we're carrying on.  Oogyhubby brought the last of our window ACs out of the basement last evening and we installed it in here - he gets the Hubby of the Year award for that!  With the shades drawn and this thing on, it's actually rather pleasant in here!  We're in for another hot week here in this neck of the woods, so it was none too soon.

Chippy continues to make frequent appearances just outside the window where we eat dinner, so it's always fun to be on the lookout for him there.  I saw a squirrel bounding through the woods as well.  All else is pretty quiet, even the birds must be sweating today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons