Square 2, Sector 1

Happy Saturday Birthday, U.S.A.!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here!

I still have some things to show you from the Great Finishing when my parents were here, but of course in the meantime here is the second little square from the Voila project:


This one is more obviously not blocked, but since these are made with wool, they'll block beautifully.  I'll do a few at a time, should be super quick and fun.

I've come up with a couple of different ideas for the back of this blanket.  Of course I won't need them for another 10 years, but at least that will give us that to look forward to! 

The first is that I just get a giant piece of fleece and use that for the back.  Benefits: sturdy, easy maintenance, cost-effective.  Detriments: would have to sew on with thread, border could end up a little weird.

The second idea: just make a giant granny square log cabin with coordinating yarn.  Benefits: the thing would be two layers thick; opportunity for an excellent border.  Detriments: would take longer, would need more yarn (or is that a benefit??).

Thoughts?

I also started my dad's second slipper yesterday, so that's also well underway.

We're trapped in an Omega weather formation here in the Northeast, which means that the jet stream has formed a giant horseshoe-shaped high-pressure zone that combines our air with air from the southern U.S.  And this high-pressure bubble thing is trapped here by something else that is parked off in the Atlantic somewhere.  It's been hot for a while now, very little rain, and getting dry.  I'm all for summer, but this is ridiculous.

No sign of the farmer yet, so the tractor is still hanging out.  What would happen if I decorated it with some hanging plants and things?  LOL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons