Meet The Yarns

TGIF - we made it to Friday, folks!  I hope you're safe and well; we're good here.

I thought I could take immediate action yesterday when Neuro threw down the gauntlet about Casapinka's KAL, but I could only get halfway there without an emergency digital exchange with Webs.  Here's what I have that I think will be super fun:


The dark purple on the left is Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine, which is wool/alpaca/nylon 50/20/30.  I have no idea why I have it, but so far it's resisted all other attempts.

The two on the left are handspun.  I have it in my head that I wanted to make very special socks with them, so I'm thinking there's a synthetic in there as well as wool and probably silk, too.  The middle one is a little washed out with the flash.  They're a bit on the heavy side of fingering, but I think they'll do well for this shawl.

I don't have a lot of stray, tonal, random skeins of fingering/sock weight lying around, even potentially appropriated ones.  I'm not saying that the stashes have been depleted, far from it.  But I haven't been buying yarn just to buy yarn (or because it's pretty, or on sale, or, well, just there), so my pickings have gotten slim.  Plenty of projects hanging around, but with all different types of yarn!

So I ordered two skeins of Charlemont, which are lovely - AND they're on sale right now, so get yours at a yarn.com near you!  I got the light grey and dusk, which looks like a darker grey, perhaps bluey.  And I didn't add anything extra to get the free shipping.  I just paid for shipping.  Here's to austerity!

Something happened to Benson yesterday that we're still scratching our heads about.  He became, rather suddenly it seemed, very weak in the hind legs and extremely reluctant to leave his bed.  And he looked miserable.  We called the vet, who told us to keep him quiet and rest.  Believe it or not, he slept most of the day, which for him is a problem.  We tucked him in last night and hoped for the best.  This morning he perked right up, and by mid-morning was back to his usual jumpy and pesterey self.  Which was a relief, although it's completely annoying.

I've narrowed his diagnosis down to two things: poisoning, or a slipped disk that somehow got sucked back into place.  Who knows what else he hoovers up when we walk - he likes to lick the grass, eat the grass, surf for poo caviar, you name it.  I'm thinking that's a lower probability, though.  Today it's like nothing ever happened yesterday.  He's very disgusted with us because we won't thrown his weird red chipmunk squeaker for indoor fetch - we're trying to be conservative, thinking it was definitely something neurological like a disk.  He's very fit, very light, and his breed isn't prone to these, so who knows what happened.  We'll just have to be on the lookout for anything similar in the future to see if there's a pattern that needs to be addressed.

Otherwise, I've got a weekend full of catching up.  Oogyhubby's dance card is very full this weekend, so it's just me and the ridgeback.  Wish  me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons