Revised Nomenclature

Hello on this sunny Sunday!  I hope this finds you safe and well; we're good here.

I realized yesterday that I need to revise somewhat the naming scheme I've been using for the Voila project.  It is actually (shocker!) a bit more organized than what I've been doing.

The project consists of 18 large blocks, each one has 12 squares.  So yes - the total amount of 4" squares in this project is 12*18.  I'm not even going to attempt to do the math in my head (and I'm in a bit of denial about just how many there are!) - let's just say somewhere around 250.  If I make one square per day, we're not even talking about a complete blanket until some time in - March?  Anyway, it's all about the process here.

Each of the 18 blocks has a number, 1-18.  Each block has three columns, A-C, and four rows, 1-4.  So the very first square I made should have been named 1A1 - Block 1, Column A, Row 1.  The second was 1A2.  I knit 1A3 and 1A4 yesterday:


(Wow, that white really glows against that background - which is Girasole in a lovely alpaca bulky, the warmest blankie ever).

Next I'm going to secure and weave in these ends, and block these little guys.  They'll look a lot better after that!

Otherwise things are pretty quiet here, especially after seemingly everyone trying to blow everything up yesterday.  It's still very warm, and the RWBs seem to have departed for cooler climes - Canada, perhaps?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows