Another Mystery Solved!

A little bait and switch - I'm going to lead with a pic of the completed O is for Oogy socks - no mystery there!


I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I'm totally keeping these for myself :)

Now for the latest mystery -

Since I knew I'd be spending a lot of time with a crochet hook (Granny Log Cabin Afghan), I looked around for my favorite one.  There's nothing really unusual about it, and I've got several others like it in various sizes and colors (not sure what the brand is, but they're stamped with "Made in Germany" on the back).  I like them because they're efficient - no weird shapes, outcroppings, bendy parts, etc.  But my favorite was nowhere to be found.  I grabbed a greenish yellow one (that strangely coordinates with the afghan colors!) in the same size and off I went.

Until this morning, when I pulled a semi-finished article out of the bin and decided I was going to rip it all out and repurpose the yarn for - well, something else, I have no idea yet (it's a worsted weight cotton/rayon blend, and will hang out in the thinking pile for a while).  And guess what was in there, helping with a crocheted neckline:


Now, what's so special about this crochet hook, you might ask.  Well - it's the one my grandma gave me when she taught me how to crochet, which is literally coming up on 50 years ago now.  That's right - I was about 5 years old when all of this started.  I think I might have the pair of size 8 knitting needles (coincidentally the same blue color!) that I first started on as well, some time after I was crocheting, but I can't tell you the last time I knit something on straight needles, let alone steel ones!

Life in the country today: more signs of the changing seasons.  We had 4 face cord of wood delivered at 7:00 this morning; we'll be stacking it starting later today and into the weekend, in preparation for the long, cold winter.  I think I see some leaves starting to change color already as well.  And - the nights are noticeably longer.  Time to start thinking about Xmas knitting as well!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poisons

Wedding Pillows