One Less Mystery

Much to my surprise, the MKAL shawl (Perfect Blend, by Casapinka) did not require aggressive blocking; the yarn was very cooperative just being placed (sometimes pushed) into shape.  Here it is in the blocking room:


Because there are so many colors and a few different stitch patterns in this shawl, I took some closer-up pics of the various sections so you can see it a little better.

Top section (at the widest part as seen in the above):


Middle section:


Lowest section:


I'm glad I did this MKAL because I really don't like changing colors so often and having to deal with working in all those ends (although it was surprisingly painless).  So I wouldn't ordinarily make something so colorful.  Another reason - it's a two-fer!  Casapinka is going to release another pattern next month that will use the leftovers, when combined with a skein of something neutral.  I've got the neutral all lined up (thank you, Webs Summer Sale!).  Of course that will involve a lot of ends too - oh well!

I continue to crochet like gangbusters on the Granny Log Cabin; here it is as of this afternoon:


(I'm currently working on the top section, which is green.)

The intended recipient is very tall, so even though I got extra yarn I'm still wondering whether or not I'll need even more.  I still have some time before worrying about Yarn Chicken though!

Still in the queue but not forgotten:  spinning the rest of the Only One (only three bobbins to go!), kitchenering the Crazed Scandinavian, All About That Brioche, Dunella scarf, baby mitts, weaving practice, and potentially wrangling yet another unfinished project.  The O is for Oogy Socks are done and blocking, so pics will follow soon!

Comments

neuroknitter said…
The shawl is super cool! It looks like it was fun to make with the color and pattern changes.

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons