Bamboo Socks!

The Bamboo Socks are done, blocked, and ready for yarn mule-ing to their intended recipient next month:


A few observations:

- I have no idea why I got them done so far ahead of their deadline.

- I had several knots to contend with in the first sock; the second sock had none!

- The pattern matches for both socks - I didn't even plan it that way!

- I have a bit of yarn leftover, which is now sitting in the marinating pile thinking up some ideas.

- Yes, I snuck in some grafting; however, Crazed Scandinavian continues to glare at me.

In other knitting news:  O is for Oogy sock #1 is soaking, and I've just started the toe on #2, and I spent some time yesterday wrangling with the Latvian Braid on August Hat, to no avail.  I need to find something successful to accomplish today!

Country life updates:  the farmer returned briefly on Tuesday to continue breaking up the soil, then left his tractor and has not yet returned.  The deer continue to graze at the perimeter of the field, wondering where their personal stash of hay went.  Also, there has been drama at the hummingbird feeder - a third bird has appeared, which has caused the other two to go into defense mode.  Evidently these little creatures aren't as sweet as their size might indicate - they are very territorial and aggressive.  Regardless - I will miss them when they leave for their migration southward!

Lastly, there is yet another recall on my 2006 Honda Accord - this time, it's the passenger frontal airbag inflator.  The notice suggests that I avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger's seat until the recall repair has been performed.  I suppose I should do this retroactively for 13 years, just to be extra safe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons