Not Fade Away

I'm well enough into the second pair of O is for Oogy Socks to feel comfortable with continuing to move forward with the pattern selection - Library Socks.  It's a fairly straightforward pattern, and so far the yarn has provided an interesting fade effect:


It also reminded me that, in spite of the warmer weather we'll be getting in the coming days, summer is starting to fade.  It was still fairly dim when the alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, and the sunsets are moving further south and earlier in the evening.

Also, this afternoon the farmer appeared with the largest tractor yet, pulling a tiller apparatus.  He is in the process of plowing up the whole field.  I'm assuming this means no second cut of hay this year?  If so, then the summer is really on the way out!

In wildlife news - as I was raising all the blinds downstairs this morning, I spotted our foxy loping across the lawn and closer to the house than I'd seen before.  He looked fairly scraggly - I suppose foxes are much more glamorous in the winter season with their bright, thick coats and bushy bushy tails! 

There continues to be at least one deer out in the fields in the early morning, and then again in the evening.  I wonder what they'll think of all the tilling!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Pillows

Poisons